Building Relationship Capital On & Offline
The Digital Revolution is accelerating our access to knowledge and revolutionized how we communicate. Success in life is a function of both what we know and how we build interpersonal relationships. Networking is a learned skill and does not require the personality of an extrovert. A memorable introductory conversation and exchange of business cards will increase relationship capital after applying a process for patient and purposeful follow-up. Creating a network of trusted friends and colleagues, who will provide information, introductions, mentoring and partnership, will expand your personal and professional opportunity set.
Learning objectives include:
- Recognize the process to network effectively.
- Develop proven strategies for building relationship capital.
- Implement techniques for using social media to support and grow your network.
- One first impression: how to introduce yourself impactfully in person & online.
- Networking in person: positive energy, how to avoid that awkward silence and how to ensure you are likeable.
- The psychology of networking: define success based on your strengths.
- The fortune is in the follow-up through email, phone, and hand-written correspondence.
- Tips for building your digital presence on Google and social media.